RELATIONSHIPS & TEAM WORK IN THE WORKPLACE
Audio visual presentation
Duration: 50 minutes
With humour, sensitivity and humility, Alex and Renias demolish the walls that isolate each one of us. They tell their story of a path to profound mutual understanding. Their story is a tale of contrasts: white and black; man and boy; apartheid and unity; third world and first world. Alex uses the real life story of his life as a game ranger at Londolozi Private Game Reserve and his relationship with tracker Renias Mhlongo to convey transformational wisdom and insights.
Alex and Renias demonstrate how to break down cultural barriers utterly in the work place and foster generosity of spirit among people. It is not a methodology they offer but rather an ability to inspire the audience and open their minds to their potential as individuals and as a team.
The motivational presentation culminates with a few insightful and extremely entertaining stories told by Renias in his mother tongue, Xitsonga, which Alex translates for the audience.
This inspirational presentation has direct relevance for both South African as wel as international audiences.
The talk is based following four true stories:
• Leopard attack
• Visit to Renias’s village, Dixie
• Renias’s first trip outside South Africa
• The poacher story
The presentation highlights the following issues relating to diverse relationships:
• Building trust in difficult circumstances
• How to create an environment conducive to mutual understanding
• How to get to know your colleague
• How strong culture creates big benefits
• Dealing with conflict
• Importance of mentorship
A SELECTION OF ALEX & RENIAS’ AUDIENCES INCLUDE:
• Anglo American • Deloitte • Exclusive Books • Gibbs University • Investec • Massmart • Microsoft • Multichoice • Old Mutual •Penguin Books • Sasol • Singita Private Game Reserve • Spar • Sure Travel •
The Lester Group – Australia • Tigerbrands • Total • Virgin Active • Young Presidents Organisation (YPO)